April 25, 2011

WHAT MATTERED part four



I had come back to the city from the country side

and was sitting under the huge Mango tree in the yard

It was quiet, just the wind playing with the leaves

of the trees the song of birds and grasshoppers

the soft waves of the ocean could be heard

I had not been here too for such a long time



George, Don, Nii Osa, Nii Lantey, Rodney and Blondie

parked their cars and came over to me

We all embraced

"Long time no see!"

We relaxed under the shade of the tree

"Let's have a drink!" said I, and went to fetch

Gin and Whiskey from the house

Let them relax a bit and enjoy the togetherness

They wanted to know how it happened



From me



How he passed

He had been their buddy

I told them tears running down my face

I wiped them quickly

"No worries guys!" I said, smiling at them

remembering how men felt about women crying...



Helpless



I was glad I saw them

I was glad I came

I was glad we embraced


It's what mattered...

PoeDes©

No comments:

Post a Comment