April 24, 2011

WHAT MATTERED part one, two and three



~part one

What mattered were the birds singing in the morning

The breeze moving the curtains solftly

His steady breathing next to me

The first rays of sun gliding over our bare skin

The feel of the night that had passed...

~part two

Yet returning to the place

long abandoned

whithered by time

my thoughts still fresh

the beauty of how it was

embedded forever in my mind

that mattered...

~part three

The corridors where empty now

but in my mind I heard the long gone voices

the women fanning the charcoal fires outside

the -thum thum thum- rhythm pounding Fufu

Asante playing the Djembe

Kwesi playing the fool on his guitar

Business as usual

Ama, Kukwa, Rachel and Mercy doing the Jump Step

clapping their hands to the beat

Little Mary was dancing around in the red dress

with the white dots that I had brought for her

The odour of Killi Willi past my nose

the sweet smell sending me into the

Buzz of everyday life but also into Heaven

the Khebabs were sizzling on the grill

From inside the house came soft sounds of Jazz

I came back to reality looking at the ruin

A Chicken was running through the grass

There was still life here, thought I and smiled

I was glad to have come

I had made sure to come

and have a look at my 'Beginning' again


It's what mattered...

PoeDes©

1 comment: